Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dysfunctional Tea Party


I heart TEA! Seriously, I love it. I drink it all the time. If I had it my way, I'd have a tea party every day of my life. I can't wait to get older and wear those funny hats and boas and walk around like I'm all hoity toity. I'm going to have lots of tea parties for my old fart friends. It's going to be great. So in November when my family came out to visit I wanted to have tea and scones for them. It was late...after dinner...not your usual time for tea, but whatever, it's my party and I can do what I want (crap, there's that narcissim again). So I set everything out and everyone really enjoyed it.

I was so excited...even Heath and Jimmy joined in the fun.




It was a blast.
But of course there's always one in the bunch that doesn't quite get it.

Poor Jana!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jana says' love me stuff in a tea cup.....

Anonymous said...

God love Jana!

Sunny said...

Who says you have to wait till your old to wear the hats and boas?

Live the life you want while your still young!

Anonymous said...

Jana, you just kill me. Everytime I open this post, I crack up. You are hilarious and sooo funny! In fact, if you lived here, you would give me SOOOO much material to work with...my blog would probably almost be entirely of you! HA!

Anonymous said...

COUSIN, ARE YOU LAUGHING AT ME OR WITH ME ........CUZ I CRACK MY SELF UP...... AM I LAUGHING ALONE.......

My crazy crazy life said...

Girl, I am laughing with you and AT you! You're hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Oh that's funny! Declan loves tea too but with whiskey & and his fingers are too big for you fancy cups. lol ~ Kat

Anna Lefler said...

It takes a big man to drink a hoity-toity cup of tea with his pinky up. Right on.

And I fully support you desire for a feather boa. I'm wearing one right now.

XO

Anna

Mary Schneider said...

I love Jana! She's my kind of gal! For sure!!!

Heath??? No comment!

Jimmy is hot....sorry Julie! I'm sick!

And, because I love you so much, Jaime. I am going to get one of Leigh's scones with some of her lemon curd and Devonshire cream and bring it to your house. It won't be easy, but I think I can manage it. Then I will brew you some tea (after I figure out how) and give you a moment of silence while you endulge. You will love me for life.

Of course, I will only do that afte you return my phone calls.

Sunny said...

oooh, did you make those scones? and the cream and lemon curd? recipe, please!!

Joie de vivre said...

Oh how fun. I've always wanted to do that too. I love how the boys are holding out their pinky fingers. I bet that made them feel manly to see those pictures!

Micah said...

I love tea! I think my husband would file for divorce if I tried to get him to do a tea party. No beer either... Maybe an energy drink party? Oh well...

You are a crack up!