Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A Better Tomorrow

I had a really rough day yesterday. From about 10:00 in the morning till 10:00 last night, my heart raced all day in complete anxiety. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't shake it. It was exhausting. Then I had a conversation with my mother in law and it came to me...newfound strength to get up again today and really look at...not what I cannot control...but what I can control and what I'm thankful for. Being a Jehovah's Witness, and not celebrating holidays, talking about being thankful for things in the month of November might seem taboo for some...but not for me. I pride myself on the fact that I'm thankful EVERY day. Every night I go to bed, I pray. I pray for strength, for peace, for health and the saneness of mind to get me through what I cannot control...and then I end my conversation with Jehovah by always telling him how much I love him and thankful I am to him for granting me the feeling of security in my own home in such a wicked world. I thank him for giving me 4 wonderful healthy children that sometimes drive me crazy but that I could never live without. I thank him that I have all my siblings and my parents with me still today. I thank him that Scott has all his siblings and all his parents with him still today. I thank him for helping me to wake up and survive another day on this glorious earth that he provided for our pleasure and that I'm sorry that the people of this earth don't respect what he's given us. I thank him for Scott. For giving me someone that so graciously deals with my dysfunctional extended family. And last, I thank Him for finding me and letting me be raised in a god fearing family and letting me know Him. So today, I wake up and I'm not feeling to great, still feeling a little down, but I am fine with that. I know that because of how I feel today and how I felt yesterday means that things can only get better from this point. And I know that tomorrow can offer me a better today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved!!! reading your very heartfelt blog. We all have those days...some perhaps more than others but I appreciate & love the attitude you have chosen to take...the optimistic high ground so to speak...to choose gratitude over pity... I wanted to share with you 2 of my favorite quotes about gratitude... I hope they inspire you the way they have me :)


"Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines"

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…. It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow"

Kristen

Mary Schneider said...

Talking to Donna always seems to have a calming effect on people..doesn't it?! Your're blessed to have her in your life (really we all are)!

My crazy crazy life said...

Kristen, I cannot believe you do not blog more...your words brought tears to my eyes. I love your quotes soooo much that I'm going to print them out and hang them up in my house somewhere and I'm going to slip them into my diaper bag so when I'm out and about and feeling vunerable, I can always refer to them. Thank you so much!

My crazy crazy life said...

Donna is amazing! If I didn't have such an great mom already, I would adopt Donna as my mom. She's my second mom for sure.

Sunny said...

Hey there Jaime,

Yep It's me Sunny D used to be Smellie! ;D

How did you find me?

Here is my e-mail... mssunnydawn@gmail.com let's chat some time.