Thursday, May 21, 2009

SUGAR PLUM IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!

My friend Mary has been trying to adopt a baby girl from China. The process has been long and grueling. It's been an emotional roller coaster. And as the time got nearer, anything and everything that could have gone wrong has gone wrong including stopping all adoptions because of the Swine Flu. But after over 3 1/2 years, she got her referral today. I can barely type this because I'm shaking with excitement. We can not be more HAPPY for Doug and Mary and we can't wait to meet the Sugar Plum!


Doug and Mary, we are so beside ourselves with joy for you and Jacob and Benjamin. When we heard the news, we started screaming and crying, including Sydney. The whole family is beyond excited!!!!!! We are all just thrilled for the good news.



This isn't her but I just thought this little girl was so cute.

If anyone would like to read about Mary and Doug's journey to get their little girl, click here.


This is Mary and I, back in the 80's.

6 comments:

~ * ~ Only Me ~ * ~ said...

how exciting! I am so happy for your friends too! :-} what a blessing

Unknown said...

We are also so excited! It has been a long wait.

Mary Schneider said...

THANK YOU FOR THE SHOUT OUT!!! We love you guys too and are so appreciative of all your love support. We never would have been able to endure this wait with friends like you.

Jaime, you'd be a million if you had a penny for all the hours you've spent listnening to me boo hoo about the adoption. I can't thank you enough for being the kind of friend that you are!

P.S. Is that the only picture of the two of us you could find??? It's so embarrassing!

Mary Schneider said...

Sorry for all the typos in my comment. Some of them are pretty funny though....

I'm on cloud nine and not thinking clearly at all. I'm sure you understand!

Love you!!

Nicole said...

HOORAY HOORAY!!! tell them congrats...I am going to check their link out.

Sunny said...

Wow! What a long journey they've had. I couldn't read all the blogs from the past what, 3 years, but I got the idea that things as they often do, didn't go as planned or hoped. What made them decide to adopt? I have such admiration for what they are doing. I pray is all works out well for them.
Even thought they probably don't remember me tell them many prayers are accending in their behalf.